Wanted: Dallas Beer Week Committee Members
The first Dallas Beer Week was an incredible experience in 2011, and we expect 2012 to be even bigger. In fact, we pretty much think that Dallas Beer Week will...
The first Dallas Beer Week was an incredible experience in 2011, and we expect 2012 to be even bigger. In fact, we pretty much think that Dallas Beer Week will continue to grow each year for the foreseeable future. This leads us to a dilemma – how do we manage growth in a meaningful and positive manner? Answer: We ask for help. That’s where you can come in.
New for 2012, we are establishing the Dallas Beer Week Committee. The DBWC will help us manage a number of issues during Dallas Beer Week from outreach to bars/restaurants/retail establishments, to promotion of DBW, distributing posters/flyers, and representing Dallas Beer Week at events during DBW.
- Supports your local craft beer community – the more people we help convert to craft beer, the more craft beer we can expect to see in Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Saves you money – discounts, happy hours with limited free beer, cool swag and other perks await those with committee membership
- Bragging Rights – we will open only be 50 slots this year so that we can ensure the best experience possible, and we expect those to fill up in the first year — members get first right to re-join next year. Be the coolest person on your block (or at least in your house).
Essentially, DBW Committee members will be the ultimate ambassadors before, during and after DBW. If you would like to have influence and input in the growth of Dallas Beer Week, this is your chance to do so. Your duties will be: encourage area establishments to participate distribute posters/flyers about DBW attend events, talk about craft beer and have a great time.
Membership has lots of perks.
- Dallas Beer Week badge – only available to committee members, this will be a heavy, metal badge that you can sport around town during Dallas Beer Week (ok, we’re geeks, we know)
- Free DBW T-shirt
- Option to buy embroidered, commemorative 2012 DBW Committee work shirt (at cost) – available only to DBW Committee members
- Reduced cost prices on DBW merchandise
- Happy Hours and other events just for committee members during the year
- Wrap up party for DBW committee members after DBW
How to join: Fill out THIS FORM and pay dues of $20 (covers the cost of your badge and part of the happy hours cost)
There are three teams you can join. First, there is the Marketing Team. As part of this Team, you will help publicize and promote Dallas Beer Week and the events to come. Second, there is a Outreach Team. As part of this Team, you will help approach bars, restaurants and retail establishments to encourage participation in Dallas Beer Week, help with event ideas and work with the establishments to get their events on the calendar. Third, there is the Events Team. As part of this Team, you will attend events during Dallas Beer Week as an official Ambassador during Dallas Beer Week. Clearly, there will be overlap between Teams, but we want to make sure that no one is overburdened either!
We are excited about the prospects for the 2012 Dallas Beer Week and hope that you are too! See you in November!